Home

HISTORY INDEX>Squaw-Field Monument

Squaw-Field Monument

Located on the northern border of Wright Township this important and most fitting monument made of a beautiful large red pudding rock and arrow head shaped plaque on the corner of Squawfield & Waldron roads on the banks of "Bean Creek" or The St.Joseph of Maumee River is passed by hundreds of busy local motorists who most likely never have stopped to read its inscription;

SQUAW-FIELD__ SITE OF THE LAST CAMP OF THE POTTAWATOMIE INDIANS UNDER CHIEF BAW BEESE__ MOVED TO IOWA 1840"


A good read; "Indian Tribes of The St. Joseph Valley" "CLICK"
Use your close button [x] to return.
Squaw-field monument [Click here to view full size picture]

Top
Squaw-field monument [Click here to view full size picture]

Top
Squawfield_1 [Click here to view full size picture]

Top
original stolen plaque [Click here to view full size picture] This original plaque was removed by thieves several years ago.
Agriculture
Business & Industry
Economic Development
Hometown Partnerships
Community Services
Cultural Resources
Education
History
Natural Resources & Recreation
Test Area
Information
Planning & Zoning in Michigan
Tools & Techniques
Laws & References